Airbus chief does not rule out A350 delays-report

FRANKFURT, April 18 (BestGrowthStock) – The chief executive of
European planemaker Airbus (EAD.PA: ) said in an interview due to
be published on April 19, that he could not exclude the
possibility of deliveries of the A350 jetliner being delayed.

Talking to German weekly magazine Focus, Chief Executive
Thomas Enders said that Airbus, a subsidiary of EADS, was
stepping up all possible efforts to keep to the schedule, but
“It is a hellish ride,” he was quoted as saying.

The schedule envisages the first flight of the A350 XWB in
2012 and start of deliveries in 2013. It was drawn up in 2006
and had been ambitious at that time, Enders said.

The now positive development of A380 superjumbo deliveries
after delays was freeing up engineering capacities, which could
be used to the benefit of the A350s, Enders said.

EADS is still recovering from a multibillion-dollar blowout
on its Airbus A400M military airlifter.

Enders declined to say whether Airbus had decided to
compete with Boeing (BA.N: ) for a contract to build aerial
tankers for the U.S. Air Force after its former partner
Northrop Grumman (NOC.N: ) dropped out of bidding in March.

He did say Airbus would only compete if there was a chance
of eventual success, but this depended on the materialisation
of competent U.S. partners.

Stock Market Analysis

(Reporting by Vera Eckert, Editing by Maureen Bavdek)

Airbus chief does not rule out A350 delays-report