Five men found dead in Florida motel room

MIAMI (BestGrowthStock) – Five young men were found dead in a Miami-area motel room on Monday from what was believed to be carbon monoxide poisoning, a police spokesman said.

The men were discovered by a motel maid who called 911 after peering through a window into the room and seeing what she described as several men who appeared to be unconscious, Hialeah Police spokesman Carl Zogby said.

Authorities found an automobile running in a single-car motel garage beneath the room, Zogby said.

“We’ve received information the car they were driving apparently had some engine trouble and gave them a hard time starting once they shut it off,” he said. “It seems they used poor judgment and left the car running.”

The victims ranged in age from 16 to 19. The group apparently rented the room to celebrate the birthday of one of the five, Zogby said.

(Reporting and writing by Kevin Gray; Editing by Dan Whitcomb and Steve Gorman)

Five men found dead in Florida motel room